Just Off The Celebrity Summit!
Hello All -
We returned today from a 9 day cruise on The Summit. I'm not going to do a full review and I'm not going to sail Celebrity again, BUT.... Be clear...that isn't because there were no positives as there were and I'll briefly share below.
* AMAZING on board service staff (dining, lounges, staterooms, etc..)
* Amazing other passengers (Most)
* Ports were fun (Bermuda, Newport, Boston)
* Ship was clean with fun pool areas
* Cafe al Bacio - AWESOME Desserts
* You won't go hungry - Plenty of choices and most are really good
*Guest RELATIONS - #1 Reason we won't return
* Scheduled Activities ---
Not many especially on Sea Days - Bring a book or 6
* Shows are average and repetitive in nature -
New singer, same music genre as 2 nights before
In short, if you're booked...you'll have fun! I mean it's a cruise to great ports with good food and amazing staff. It will be what you make it!
However, it's a premium cruise line or advertised as such with terrible guest relations, average to below average entertainment, and few scheduled activities that last more than 20 minutes. I didn't find those aspects "Premium" nor did many other guests.
So, if you're going on the Summit...be ready to make it entertaining for yourself! We found friends and we had coffee and desserts at night before and/or after shows. We went for walks or sat around talking and laughing. All good stuff!!
As for us, we are back to other cruise lines pronto! Happy Sailing to All!!