Amsterdam - Hotel & Transfers
I'm planning for a 2018 cruise and have never been to Amsterdam. The HAL hotel is the Movenpick. I'm sure I can make my own arrangements for a pre-cruise stay for less cost than through HAL. I would be travelling with my mother who will be 82 at the time of travel. For that reason, I don't necessarily want the cheapest place/transfers but the one that offers the least stress which is why I'm seriously considering the HAL pre-cruise package.
1. Can anyone tell me about the proximity of the Movenpick to the cruise terminal? I tried Google Maps and it appears that it is right above/next door to the cruise terminal, is that correct?
2. What is the estimated cost of a taxi from Schiphol to the Movenpick? I think we would need to take a taxi rather than the train.
3. What other hotels can you recommend that is close to the cruise terminal and the Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum and Anne Frank House?
4. If anyone has purchased the HAL pre-cruise hotel package in Amsterdam before, did that include breakfast? If not, is there somewhere close to the Movenpick to get an inexpensive breakfast?
5. If we stay at another hotel close to the cruise terminal, is it easy to take a taxi from the hotel to the cruise terminal or will the driver resent a short trip? I read elsewhere on CC that they don't like short trips.
Thanks for your help!
Read responses in boards.cruisecritic.com