Belmond Hotel Cipriani (Venice, Italy): review + Youtube clip
I recently stayed at the wonderful Belmond Hotel Cipriani in Venice, the flagship hotel of Belmond. I hereby share my opinion regarding this hotel.
I made a Youtube clip with my impressions, which you can watch here:
PROS & CONS:
- The hotel is located on the top of Giudecca island, away from the tourist madness and the crowds of central Venice. But if you want to explore Venice, it's only a 5 min by complimentary boat to Piazza San Marco (boats run every 20 min, 24/7).
- The hotel features a classic, contemporary decor in the communal areas and in the rooms (the property was built in the fifties). While exceptionally well maintained, the lobby and adjoining shopping gallery feels a bit oldfashioned. If you like the grandeur of a grand palace in historic style, than look somewhere else, although you can also stay at the 15th century historic Palazzo Vendramin across the garden (which is also part of the hotel).
- The property has a stunning olympic-sized pool, the only one of its kind of Venice. It's a real pleasure to retreat to the pool area after a day of sightseeing in central Venice. It also lends the hotel a resort ambiance.
- Behind the hotel, you'll find an enormous, perfectly manicured, and private garden, which could almost rank for a city park. It's here that Casanova seduced many women.
- The hotel features several dining option, but there are two that you should not miss: Oro restaurant (which has a Michelin star and is the hotel's flagship restaurant) and - my favorite - Cip's Club which is located on a terrace floating over the lagoon with FABULOUS views of Piazza San Marco and the Venetian skyline.
- Albeit not large nor trully impressive, the property features a small spa and gym.
- The property is extremely expensive, but this is Venice, where travel budgets come to die. For example, a Coca Cola in the minibar was priced at 11 euro (wow!).
Read responses in flyertalk.com