Brisbane vs. Adelaide
Been a while since I last posted here.
I am an Indian, married and with a toddler. I am an entrepreneur by profession with a dual post graduate degree from Toronto and my wife is a Post Graduate from India. I am looking to move to Australia and confused between Brisbane and Adelaide. I love Toronto and intended to immigrate but lack of a full time job ended my dream. Wife does not like snow either.
1. I would prefer a place where I can begin a small startup with limited funds. My expertise is in event planning and portfolio management and textiles. But might need to take up a job during the initial stage.
2. I love long motorcycle trips and clear city roads without congestion.
3. The temperatures in my city touch 40 degrees for 3 months and I hate the heat. I would prefer a city where temperatures feel 20-30 all day long.
4. Affordable housing. I understand that Brisbane is a big city but I have read that Electricity in Adelaide is more expensive that Sydney. I would prefer to struggle a little more for a dream house on the beach.
5. I prefer to live with family but hate crowded areas.
6. My parents will be in India so A shorter flight is preferred. Flights from Brisbane are 2-3 hours shorter than flights from Adelaide.
7. The move is mainly for a better education and quality of life for our kid. Which city has better schools?
8. Religious freedom is a must. I might sound paranoid but papers in India have Sketched Australia as a racist place for Indians which I am sure it is not. Also, we are a spiritual family but stay away from religious topics in general. Just want to be safe for my family and would prefer a neutral and family friendly place.
I will add something if it comes up. Please provide Suggestions.
PS: Skipping Perth purely because it is located at an extreme place and most of the businesses seem to be in mining.
Read responses in city-data.com