IDES Interview due to discharge
I briefly searched for this, but haven't found anything about what they ask during the IDES interview due to discharge.
Basically if you are discharged and indicate as much on your IDES application, they will schedule an interview.
I was asked the following:
My social and birthday (to verify)
1. They verified the company i worked for
2. They asked what my position was
3. They asked the dates of my employment
4. They asked what my pay rate was
5. They asked why I was discharged. I said "violation of company policy" as this was what on the official termination and I DID NOT WANT TO incriminate myself. (as i have read on this forum) meaning I don't want to give them information that can be held against me/
6. They asked who gave the notice (my general manager) and if it was in person (no, it was by phone)
7. They had a statement from when I was terminated ("oh that must have been why" and i explained since they already had evidence)
Then she said that my employer had 24 hours since the time of the scheduled call to respond to her or she would be the one to determine.
Read responses in city-data.com