Suggestions: Christmas/NYE Holiday Travel with 16-Month-Old?
My wife and I are planning to travel internationally the week between Christmas and New Year's with our son, who will be 16 months old at the time. Here are some of our parameters:
- Flights out of SFO or LAX
- Travel time less than 15 hours (including any layovers)
- Cost less than $1,300 per person
- No countries with threat of Zika; not Mexico or Canada either since we've been there recently
- Open to all weather as long as it's too cold/hot for a toddler
- Open to all activities but typically prefer to be outdoors
I'd appreciate any feedback on destinations and also would be interested in hearing:
1.) If buying a seat for him is worth it (vs. lap)
2.) If you think having a layover is better than a direct flight because it breaks up the trip
Thanks in advance!
Read responses in tripadvisor.com