Wyndham Bonnet Creek vs Marriott's Grande Vista
Please help me make a final decision!
Background: We are traveling the week before Christmas. Two boys, ages 4 & 6, and mother-in-law (almost 70) will be with us - 5 people total. She gets around okay, but can't handle a ton of walking and won't do all of the park days with us. Purpose of the trip is to relax and have some fun after a rough month. We plan to do the Mickey Christmas Party at Magic Kingdom, maybe one or two other days at Disney parks, one day at LEGOLAND and one day at Sea World, plus 2-3 down days to just rest/relax. I do not want it to be the "all in" hardcore Disney park kind of trip. We are really burned out and need a slower pace than that. (We did the big Disney trip two years ago so not concerned about missing anything.)
Help Needed: I need to decide today between 3BR/3Bath at Marriott's Grande Vista and 3BR/2Bath at Wyndham Bonnet Creek.
We are usually Marriott loyalists just because we've got a lot of points there from business travel, and are familiar with the product. We'd get the credit for nights stayed and all that. I like the idea of 3BR/3Bath. But I'm concerned about how spread out this resort is and that it might be a pain trying to get to the pool and stuff like that, especially if we got put in one of the buildings further out. Can't tell much from the photos, but seems like their pools are just "okay."
Wyndham Bonnet Creek would have to give up the third bathroom, but seems like there is more to do for the kids on the property, better pools, and perhaps a couple more restaurants as well, and it would certainly be easier to get to the Disney parks for those couple days. I am not as familiar with Wyndham properties. We can only get this for 7 nights out of 8, so would need to move for the final night (unless something becomes available), but we have an early flight on our last day, so I considered just moving to the airport hotel anyhow so we could return rental car the night before.
WBC is slightly less expensive, but cost isn't a determining factor in this case. And let's be real, who knows if swimming will even be an option (though I REALLY hope we have good weather).
What would YOU do?! Thanks!
Read responses in tripadvisor.com